Thursday, July 3, 2008

Once Upon a Time...

On January 22, 2008, I embarked on a journey to become a better me by having Gastric Bypass surgery. I must admit, I was nervous about making the final decision because, as you know, it's difficult for me to make any decision...even about the simple things. I knew deep down, though, that this was the right choice for me to make at that point in my life. Through much support from my family and friends, I bit the bullet and went forward in my research and exploration of the surgery. It only took a few minutes to get over my nerves and become extremely excited. It has been the best decision I ever made. To date I have lost 123 pounds in less than six months!!! Emotionally I feel great and physically I feel even better. My back doesn't ache any longer and I haven't gotten as sick as often. I don't get tired as easily and when I am truly tired I sleep nicely (without snoring)! I don't know what the future may bring, but I am positive that I'll be able to take on whatever comes my way! So bring it!

Here are some pictures of me before...

And this is me so far...



Can you tell I'm proud of my newest niece, Emma?

Until next time,

Shannon

4 comments:

Sheans said...

Shannon!

You look amazing! You have always been so beautiful but you just look so happy. I hope everything is going well. I miss you and think of you often. I am so glad you have a blog now so I can harrass you more :)
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Shannon! You look beautiful! I'm really happy you set up a blog so I can check in with you from time to time. It's been a very long time since we've caught up.

Eli said...

Lookin' good Shannon! I'm glad to hear all the benefits. I hope it gets even better.

Teryn said...

Shannon, I just wanted to say how happy and proud of you I am. I know you don't know me.. but I too had the surgery, a mutual friend of ours sent me to your blog! I just wanna say.. YOU ROCK!!!!! Good luck, your looking great!!!! Keep it up!